One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A fluid equivalent to blood in most invertebrates, occupying the haemocoel.
- ‘Prior to ablation a control serum profile showed little if any detectable yolk protein in hemolymph of the shrimp.’
- ‘The researchers need to gather thousands of the insects to get just a few milliliters of the insect's blood, called hemolymph, which is the green liquid in the vial.’
- ‘Hemolymph was extracted from males by making a small incision in the outside margin of one of the hind wings (usually the right), and drawing hemolymph from the wound by using a microhematocrit capillary tube.’
- ‘It floats in circulating hemolymph that is presumably oxygenated from non-lantern tracheal sources.’
- ‘In addition to inorganic osmolytes, insect hemolymph contains high levels of free amino acids.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.