One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Excretion of free haemoglobin in the urine.
- ‘Red blood cells which lack the ability to vesiculate cause a disease with red blood cell destruction and haemoglobinuria.’
- ‘In elderly, asplenic, or immunocompromised patients a severe malaria-like illness with hemoglobinuria, hemolytic anemia, and renal failure can occur.’
- ‘In the anesthetized patient, the only signs may be unexpected oozing, hemoglobinuria, or hypotension.’
- ‘In this setting, a serum sample with normal color indicates myoglobinuria, whereas a pigmented brown or red serum sample indicates hemoglobinuria.’
- ‘His book chronicles a young doctor's battle with a rare and life-threatening blood disease, paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.