Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Relating to the flow of blood within the organs and tissues of the body.
- ‘During one episode, critical haemodynamic instability occurred and blood product transfusion was started.’
- ‘After extubation, patients were monitored for respiratory distress and hemodynamic stability up to 24 hours.’
- ‘Before surgery is performed, care must be taken to make sure that the patient is in a stable hemodynamic state and all organs are functioning normally.’
- ‘Patients who have undergone surgery and require monitoring may be admitted if they do not have hemodynamic or respiratory instability.’
- ‘Dosages should be titrated to desired effect, with monitoring of hemodynamic and respiratory status.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.