Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘In hemodialysis, a machine is used to take waste products out of the blood.’
- ‘In haemodialysis, blood is taken (via a needle inserted into a blood vessel) through a machine, containing an artificial filter.’
- ‘Together with hemodialysis, medications and diet will round out your treatment plan.’
- ‘During hemodialysis, your blood flows through a filter in a dialysis machine.’
- ‘For patients with renal insufficiency who are undergoing hemodialysis, administration of all medications should occur after dialysis to avoid premature removal of drugs such as pyrazinamide and cycloserine.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.