Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] The presence of blood in urine.
- ‘He suffered from pain in the loins, scanty urine, hematuria, and generalized edema.’
- ‘Chest radiography was normal and analysis of her urine showed no haematuria or proteinuria.’
- ‘Men with severe symptoms, urinary retention, recurrent urinary infections, incontinence, haematuria, or bladder stones should be referred to a urologist.’
- ‘The patient is a 67-year-old man who presented with gross hematuria and a positive urine cytologic test result.’
- ‘The patient described in this case study presented with hematuria, proteinuria, and elevated blood pressure.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.