Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for haemopoiesis
- ‘These organs may become enlarged because they are trying to produce extra blood cells, a process called extramedullary hematopoiesis.’
- ‘Chronic clonal disorders of hematopoiesis are usually classified as either myeloproliferative disorder or myelodysplastic syndrome.’
- ‘A side effect of such therapy is bone marrow suppression that adversely affects the patient's ability to generate hematopoiesis.’
- ‘We have already discussed the stem cells that are responsible for hematopoiesis, generation of neural cells, and renewal of the epidermis and the gut lining.’
- ‘The latter participate in numerous morphogenetic and physiological events, including hematopoiesis, through synergistic interactions with other transcriptional activators.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.