One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The branch of medicine involving study and treatment of the blood.
- ‘Increasingly senior educational roles were capped by 18 years as staff development instructor in oncology, haematology and bone marrow transplant.’
- ‘Thus far, molecular testing has found, at least, an ancillary role in most areas of the clinical laboratory including hematology, microbiology, chemistry, and immunology.’
- ‘To conduct microbicide studies, the laboratory infrastructure requires HIV testing facilities along with the capacity to perform routine biochemistry and haematology studies as part of product safety monitoring.’
- ‘Some hematology instrumentation prints the red cell and platelet histograms as part of the report.’
- ‘No clinically important differences in electrocardiogram, hematology, clinical chemistry, or urinalysis were observed between treatment groups or over time.’
- ‘Intravenous immunoglobulin prophylaxis and therapy is being given for a growing list of indications in the fields of immunology, neurology, hematology, and oncology.’
- ‘Tests for blood chemistry, hematology, and immunology were unremarkable except for elevated immunoglobulin E antibodies to environmental allergens.’
- ‘The laboratory data evaluated in chemistry, hematology, microbiology, pathology, and cytology is an important part in diagnosing and treating a patient.’
- ‘Students experience one block each of clinical chemistry, microbiology, hematology, and blood banking at different facilities.’
- ‘She subspecializes in hematology, in addition to practicing internal medicine.’
- ‘Polly is recognized by her peers for her extensive knowledge and competency in the areas of hematology and oncology.’
- ‘Look at several examples including, chemistry, hematology, coagulation and microbiology.’
- ‘He states that these findings have relevance for many areas: materials science, polymer chemistry, biophysics, protein biochemistry, and hematology.’
- ‘The courses in which they are taught vary, and include general biology, blood banking, hematology, immunology, microbiology, clinical chemistry, pathophysiology, and molecular techniques.’
- ‘The fourth part of this book discusses hematology and transfusion medicine.’
- ‘Bloodless programs now offer services in virtually every specialty, including trauma, hematology, critical care, internal medicine, and orthopedic surgery.’
- ‘Of the eight main test categories, chemistry, hematology, and toxicology showed a significant difference in the number of tests ordered across the two facilities.’
- ‘Laboratory studies, including hematology and blood chemistry studies, were obtained at each follow-up visit.’
- ‘Referrals for abnormal coagulation profiles are common challenges for pediatric hematology / oncology sections.’
- ‘Similar findings on the frequency of errors were noted for the other disciplines of laboratory medicine testing, such as transfusion medicine, microbiology, and hematology.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.