One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Originating in or carried by the blood.
- ‘Dissemination occurs in immunosuppressed individuals via hematogenous or direct neuronal extension.’
- ‘It is also appropriate to investigate for metastatic infection or distant sources of hematogenous dissemination of infection such as infected aneurysm, skin lesions, septic phlebitis, and osteomyelitis.’
- ‘Although the extension of infection appeared to be primarily direct, lesions suggesting hematogenous dissemination were occasionally noted in bone marrow and skin.’
- ‘Uncommon lesions suggesting hematogenous dissemination of virus were noted in both inoculation groups.’
- ‘Tuberculosis bacteria reach the gastrointestinal tract via haematogenous spread, ingestion of infected sputum, or direct spread from infected contiguous lymph nodes and fallopian tubes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.