One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A swelling caused by blood collecting in a body cavity.
- ‘Sonography can be used to distinguish less serious injuries such as scrotal hematomas, hydroceles, and hematoceles from surgical emergencies such as testicular rupture.’
- ‘The diagnosis was haematocele, but no cause was found for the bleeding.’
- ‘Both pyoceles and hematoceles contain multiple septae (membranous partitions) within the fluid collection.’
- ‘Secondarily, the persistence of the hematocele induce an inflammatory response, that could explain the inflammatory syndrome as in our case.’
- ‘Here there is pelvic haematocele a result of tubal leak following tubal pregnancy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.