One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A swelling caused by blood collecting in a body cavity.
- ‘Both pyoceles and hematoceles contain multiple septae (membranous partitions) within the fluid collection.’
- ‘Here there is pelvic haematocele a result of tubal leak following tubal pregnancy.’
- ‘Sonography can be used to distinguish less serious injuries such as scrotal hematomas, hydroceles, and hematoceles from surgical emergencies such as testicular rupture.’
- ‘The diagnosis was haematocele, but no cause was found for the bleeding.’
- ‘Secondarily, the persistence of the hematocele induce an inflammatory response, that could explain the inflammatory syndrome as in our case.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.