One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or affecting the blood.
- ‘The amount of intraventricular haematic density and hydrocephalus were associated to cognitive impairment and to delirium.’
- ‘Our patient had a spontaneous onset hematic cyst without any history of previous trauma or surgery.’
- ‘It appears well evident that the above mentioned compound is rapidly absorbed by the nasal mucosa into the systemic hematic circulation without first-pass metabolism.’
- ‘But during sleep, the body responds to the hematic slowdown with a genital workout roughly every 90 minutes.’
- ‘The cytology excluded the presence of acantholytic cells and evidenced only connective and haematic cells.’
Mid 19th century: from Greek haimatikos, from haima, haimat- ‘blood’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.