One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A benign tumour of blood vessels, often forming a red birthmark.
rash, blemish, spot, freckle, birthmark, strawberry mark, port wine stain, eruptionView synonyms
- ‘Smaller defects may be mistaken for cutaneous lesions such as hemangiomas or dermoid cysts.’
- ‘Lipomas, hemangiomas, neuromas, and fibromas are benign neoplasms that occur in the neck.’
- ‘Cavernous hemangiomas are composed of large, dilated, blood-filled vessels lined by flattened endothelium.’
- ‘Some children were treated more than once, either by receiving several treatments for one hemangioma or by receiving individual treatments for several haemangiomas.’
- ‘Cavernous hemangiomas are benign vascular tumors most commonly seen in the head and neck region in childhood.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.