One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A benign tumour of blood vessels, often forming a red birthmark.
rash, blemish, spot, freckle, birthmark, strawberry mark, port wine stain, eruptionView synonyms
- ‘Smaller defects may be mistaken for cutaneous lesions such as hemangiomas or dermoid cysts.’
- ‘Lipomas, hemangiomas, neuromas, and fibromas are benign neoplasms that occur in the neck.’
- ‘Some children were treated more than once, either by receiving several treatments for one hemangioma or by receiving individual treatments for several haemangiomas.’
- ‘Cavernous hemangiomas are benign vascular tumors most commonly seen in the head and neck region in childhood.’
- ‘Cavernous hemangiomas are composed of large, dilated, blood-filled vessels lined by flattened endothelium.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.