One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
nounmass nounBiology Medicine
The clumping together of red blood cells.
- ‘Alternatively, the anti-sheep red blood cell hemagglutination test has been employed successfully in many species of wild birds.’
- ‘The diagnosis is confirmed by haemagglutination and complement fixation tests.’
- ‘Classically, diagnosis of dengue virus infection was carried out by haemagglutination inhibition test.’
- ‘Antibody titers were expressed as the log 2 of the highest dilution of plasma containing hemagglutination.’
- ‘However, the agent little affected the hemagglutination and RNA-dependent RNA polymerase activities of these viruses in vitro.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.