One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Would rather.‘I had rather not see him’
- ‘Normally she would not read such things to Scott but since it was front-page news, she had rather Scott hear it from her than some warped rumors off the street.’
- ‘The studios had rather employ a screenwriter with eight disasters to his credit than a William Faulkner with none.’
- ‘Make him or her feel that he is the most interesting person in the world and there is no other place you had rather be at the moment and you are sure to be a hit.’
- ‘She had rather be outside, in the fresh air and sunshine.’
- ‘I had rather see you dead than to see you as you are.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.