One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A female journalist.‘a regional hackette, two-and-a-half years into her journo career’
journalist, reporter, correspondent, newspaperman, newspaperwoman, newsman, newswoman, writer, feature writer, contributor, columnist, grub street writerView synonyms
- ‘Forgive me for being a cynical hackette, but he seems to be taking his cue from his fellow Irishman, who has gained the respect of the international community for his role in the campaign to eradicate third world debt.’
- ‘He remembers a hackette on a film magazine expressing astonishment that all its subs had degrees.’
- ‘Skeptical hackette I may be, but beneath this cynical exterior, beats the heart of a old-fashioned romantic.’
- ‘Jigging amongst a bevy of beautiful hackettes and not so gorgeous hacks, George was able to shimmy and twist so that his head was level with most other folk's ankles.’
- ‘Her debut novel detailed the adventures of Susan, a hot young hackette who sleeps her way to the top.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.