One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The state of living in a particular place at a particular time.
occupancy, occupation, residence, residency, living in, housing, billeting, quartering, tenureView synonyms
- ‘When they first visited that portion of the country that surrounds Nashville, there were no marks of former habitancy.’
- ‘The qualifications of a representative are two years' habitancy.’
- ‘Disputes may arise respecting the place of habitancy or legal settlement of a poor person.’
- ‘The qualification of an elector was a real estate of fifty pounds, within the town or precinct where the election should be made; but habitancy was not required in either case.’
- ‘In neither case could he properly be called an inhabitant of that place or be said to have his habitancy there.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.