One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A market, especially one held on a regular basis in a rural area.‘she had nothing to barter in the haat’
- ‘In order to put the check on the unofficial border trade, the report suggested that informal trade has to be converted into formal trade by recognizing the traditional haats along the Indo-Bangla border.’
- ‘The smugglers have the support of local political leaders and the police, and cattle haats (cattle markets) have mushroomed on an 8-km corridor along the border.’
- ‘At the weekly haat, they bought what they could afford.’
- ‘They organise special exhibitions, haats, bazaars, and training programmes for up-and-coming artisans.’
- ‘They are offered for sale at those socio-economic hubs of tribal life: the weekly village fairs, or haats.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.