One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘A gyroscopically stabilized single wheel vehicle comprising an outer wheel mounted on a rim, a frame and two directions or degrees of freedom of motion system for mounting the frame on the rim within the wheel.’
- ‘The system consists of a computer and an inertial measurement unit comprising three accelerometers mounted on a gyroscopically stabilized platform.’
- ‘His photographs are made from helicopters and planes with a gyroscopically stabilized camera.’
- ‘The missile's flight is gyroscopically stabilised.’
- ‘The gyroscopically stabilized models, by the way, reportedly provide added compensation for movement of the boat under you.’
- ‘If you've been boating for awhile, there doubtless have been times when you could really use those big gyroscopically stabilized binoculars that the U.S. Navy has used for years.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.