One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An autogiro or similar aircraft.
- ‘A gyroplane combines features from an airplane and a helicopter.’
- ‘I became rated in gyroplanes, helicopters, seaplanes and gliders.’
- ‘But after a number of safety scares, the 65 gyroplanes thought to be in Britain were grounded by the aviation authorities.’
- ‘I had done it all - not only with the airlines, but I also flew and/or instructed in airplanes, seaplanes, gliders, helicopters and gyroplanes.’
- ‘This new sport-pilot license privileges will extend over a variety of aircraft, including gliders, power parachutes, gyroplanes, weight-shift-control, airships and balloons.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.