One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to a gyrus or gyri.
- ‘MRI findings early in the course of infection include gyral swelling or high signal intensity on weighted images, followed by extension of the infection, hemorrhage, and increasing areas of contrast enhancement.’
- ‘Infraoptic course of anterior cerebral arteries associated with abnormal gyral segmentation.’
- ‘Several groups with an abnormal gyral pattern: microcephaly associated with simplified gyral pattern, lissencephaly, microlissencephaly, agyria, pachygyria, polymicrogyria or some cortical dysplasias.’
- ‘Therefore, a knowledge of gyral patterns of the central area is essential not only for the resective epilepsy surgery, but also for the successful removal of a variety of lesions in the central area.’
- ‘Three-dimensional mapping of gyral shape and cortical surface asymmetries in schizophrenia: Gender effects.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.