One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Centred on or concerned exclusively with women; taking a female (or specifically a feminist) point of view.
- ‘A representation is gynocentric if it depicts the world in relation to female or feminine interests, emotions, attitudes or values.’
- ‘Feminist separatism was the earliest expression of such gynocentric feminism.’
- ‘The essays are eclectic, ranging from andocentric to gynocentric perspectives.’
- ‘Also, the recognition that narratives can be gynocentric without being overtly critical of patriarchal structures is a sound observation, as is his warning against cliches about ancient patriarchal society.’
- ‘In this gynocentric world, signs of misogyny are watched for closely, and acts of misogyny are now morally and legally unallowable.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.