One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Such nematode infections that carry through to the adult phase result in either complete feminization of the host or intersexes and gynandromorphy.’
- ‘It's a phenomenon known as bilateral gynandromorphy, and it's been observed in butterflies, moths, and lobsters.’
- ‘Literally, gynandromorphy is a condition of having female and male reproductive characteristics.’
- ‘What this extraordinary lobster is experiencing is a condition known as gynandromorphy, in which the animal was accidentally built with parts of both male and female plumping.’
- ‘But, sometimes only the genitalia exhibit gynandromorphy, as is the case with this specimen.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.