Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for gynophobia
- ‘Nonetheless, their voices did shake just perceptibly with gynecophobia, or the fear of women, of silent women, in these absolutely silent black gowns.’
- ‘The problem this guy has is called gynecophobia. He's just afraid of women.’
- ‘The result had been that he'd eventually dulled down the phobia to an aversion in regard to cats, and the gynecophobia had worn off.’
- ‘What makes his gynaecophobia so fascinating, in fact, is its combination with a strong sexual attraction to women.’
- ‘My crippling gynecophobia will prevent me from being anywhere around women again.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.