One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for gynophobia
- ‘Nonetheless, their voices did shake just perceptibly with gynecophobia, or the fear of women, of silent women, in these absolutely silent black gowns.’
- ‘The result had been that he'd eventually dulled down the phobia to an aversion in regard to cats, and the gynecophobia had worn off.’
- ‘The problem this guy has is called gynecophobia. He's just afraid of women.’
- ‘What makes his gynaecophobia so fascinating, in fact, is its combination with a strong sexual attraction to women.’
- ‘My crippling gynecophobia will prevent me from being anywhere around women again.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.