Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Enlargement of a man's breasts, usually due to hormone imbalance or hormone therapy.
- ‘He acknowledged that gynaecomastia - breast growth - could develop with patches, and impotence was also a risk.’
- ‘However, this hormone is extremely expensive, and its adverse effects include carpal tunnel syndrome, headache, arthralgias, myalgias and gynecomastia.’
- ‘There was mild gynecomastia, but there were no other stigmata of chronic liver disease.’
- ‘Most swelling that men experience is benign gynecomastia.’
- ‘This article provides details of 7 cases whose profiles resembled findings that have been described in male breasts with gynecomastia.’
- ‘The clinical differential diagnosis included leukemic infiltration of the breast, gynecomastia, and carcinoma.’
- ‘Androgen deprivation did not prove beneficial and has adverse effects such as osteoporosis, weight gain, hot flushes, gynecomastia, impotence and loss of libido.’
- ‘Men who develop gynecomastia often fear that they are at higher risk for breast cancer.’
- ‘In the chest men often develop fat deposits around the breasts, a condition called gynecomastia.’
- ‘The term gynecomastia is used to describe male breast enlargement.’
- ‘Some types of liver disease and cancers of several types can produce gynecomastia.’
- ‘The physical examination should focus primarily on signs of liver disease other than jaundice, including bruising, spider angiomas, gynecomastia, testicular atrophy, and palmar erythema.’
- ‘Further, serotonin blockade prevents dopamine from increasing prolactin levels thereby relieving patients of the adverse effects of galactorrhea, amenorrhea, and gynecomastia.’
- ‘Side effects may include impotence, decreased libido, breast tenderness, gynecomastia, and ejaculation disorders.’
- ‘Others experience pain and tenderness in the breasts, which can be a symptom of gynecomastia.’
- ‘False gynaecomastia or pseudo gynaecomastia is simply breast enlargement due to fatty tissue, and that is incredibly common of course, particularly as men get older.’
- ‘If you have gynaecomastia, the doctor will usually be able to feel a smooth disk-shaped lump behind the nipple; whereas cancerous lumps are usually more bumpy and uneven.’
- ‘Long-term spironolactone therapy has been limited because of its adverse effects, that is, impotence, gynecomastia, hirsutism.’
- ‘The patients past medical history included hypertension, coronary artery disease, glaucoma, and gynecomastia of the left breast.’
- ‘Klinefelter's syndrome is often marked by gynecomastia, an enlargement of the breast tissue, which Giordano says may also turn out to be a risk factor.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.