One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘But it was the way she won her races, gutsily from the front, as well as that ungainly action, which captured the hearts of the racing public.’
- ‘That promotion prize so cherished, and so gutsily won by City, was then followed by the longest uninterrupted stint as an established Second Division club, then more fatefully by demotion to the basement.’
- ‘Dee is a strong character, put upon by events way outside her control, but always gutsily fighting back.’
- ‘His originality is in visualizing thought via gutsily graphic means and in rendering unthinkable violence even more extreme through hallucinatory abstraction.’
- ‘Many of you in this room gutsily got out the word.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.