One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘After the raid - and an unconcealed display of gutlessness by the major - the commando squad is forced to cross the blazing desert for a rendezvous with their reconnaissance team.’
- ‘Officials become a machine when they raise hands in unanimous agreement to pass legislation or make some decisions, a sign not of solidarity but of mental vacuity and gutlessness.’
- ‘Don't mistake their reluctance to strike as gutlessness.’
- ‘The extremely unedifying combination of the episcopal gutlessness on display in DC and the bureaucratic contempt for the flock on display here has a number of people livid.’
- ‘This priest, showing the gutlessness which has characterized him for quite some time, bolted and ran when a man could have been dying because of him.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.