One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A wound made by a bullet from a gun.‘both victims were killed by multiple gunshot wounds’
- ‘Inside, they found three men with gunshot wounds, who were then taken to hospital in a stable condition.’
- ‘Others allow the free sale of guns, thus massively increasing the chance of a citizen being killed by gunshot wound.’
- ‘Mike screamed, clutching a gunshot wound in his chest.’
- ‘He operated on more than 800 cases of gunshot wounds affecting blood vessels.’
- ‘In 1868, the queen's son came to New Zealand to convalesce from a gunshot wound.’
- ‘For the first time, we've seen an abdominal operation for a gunshot wound here in the desert.’
- ‘Neither Confederate nor Union surgeons were capable of reducing the chances of death due to gunshot wounds.’
- ‘His son would later write the authoritative text on gunshot wounds.’
- ‘He figured a knife wound was better than a gunshot wound.’
- ‘He died last night of an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.