One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The metal tube of a gun, through which the shot is discharged.‘keep your gun barrel pointed in the right direction’
- ‘In the standard position, the patient enters the magnet from the end, much like a bullet goes through a gun barrel.’
- ‘Everything else was a sea of camouflage netting with the occasional gun barrel or radio antennae poking through.’
- ‘For a long time, I've been curious about how gun barrels are actually manufactured.’
- ‘All he had to do was fire the occasional accurate shot into the severed gun barrels, causing further cataclysmic explosions.’
- ‘A valve seat defined in the gun barrel communicates with the plenum.’
- ‘Ericsson developed a stronger gun barrel using wrought iron.’
- ‘Improvements in metallurgy, for example, created stronger gun barrels.’
- ‘Bullets are intentionally made a bit too wide to fit easily through gun barrels.’
- ‘No longer do I spend a lot of time trying to remove leading from the gun barrel.’
- ‘The surface of the grey basalt stone bear has been fluted to represent the original fur-trade gun barrels.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.