One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A ball of chewing gum, typically with a coloured sugar coating.
- ‘Then Precis and Claude take a ride on the aforementioned giant robot gumball.’
- ‘I wondered just how drunk a person would have to be to buy a gumball from that thing.’
- ‘Concord Confections' Dubble Babble introduces what is probably the largest gumball on the market.’
- ‘He would give me a penny to get a gumball, tell me not to tell my mother, and on we would go.’
- ‘If I gave Roger and crew even a dollar, I'd feel like I wasted a buck that could have been better invested in a gumball machine.’
- ‘I thought of the town whenever I tasted a black gumball.’
- ‘"Get up," she commanded with all the power and authority of a gumball.’
- ‘Out rolled my gumball.’
- ‘He pops a strawberry gumball into his mouth, then reconsiders his choice.’
- ‘Gumball machines decorated the shelves and children could still buy gummies for one cent.’
- ‘Suggested retail for the individually wrapped gumball, in assorted fruit flavors, ranges 69-79 cents.’
- ‘I pulled a green gumball off the roof to eat, and the roof cracked and collapsed.’
- ‘I remember bugging my mother for a penny in the garage so I could get a gumball.’
- ‘The retro gumball machine stands 15 inches high and comes complete with glass bowl and red or black metal base.’
- ‘I have a gall stone the size of a gumball.’
- ‘In the trillion-trillionth of a second after the big bang, the universe expanded from the size of a gumball to astronomical proportions, according to the inflation theory.’
- ‘You can't even get a gumball for 14 cents.’
- ‘He made me reminisce of my times at Stereo and he gave me a gumball in the coat-check line.’
- ‘Coin operated, the gumball machine will stand handsomly on your desk until your sweet tooth needs a fix.’
- ‘Along the route the rocks range anywhere from gumball size to golf ball size and larger.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.