One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A large African game bird with slate-coloured, white-spotted plumage and a loud call. It is sometimes domesticated.
- ‘Though primarily found in rainforests, some guineafowl live in open-country habitats other than the desert, such as grasslands and plains with thickets and brush.’
- ‘The helmeted guineafowl is the ancestor of the domestic guineafowl’
- ‘It has a restful, out-of-the-way atmosphere and is named after the flocks of guineafowl that frequent the nearby field.’
- ‘Other considerations are the same as for the entire family of guineafowl.’
- ‘The top photo is of a Pearl or ‘wild type’ guineafowl with black and white spotted feathers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.