One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘He bent guiltily and began re-tying his boots, a hurricane of fingers at work.’
- ‘Soon about fifty men stood around silently, looking at the body then looking away guiltily.’
- ‘I, too, am not exempt from guiltily indulging in an episode or more, despite my growing disgust with the whole thing.’
- ‘We taped the middle episode because it was on during something good, and we watched it guiltily before the third episode came on at the ungodly hour of ten.’
- ‘Once they were relaxed about being seen in the garden - now they skulk guiltily, scuttling off at the slightest noise or movement.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.