One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An obsession with the idea of having done wrong.‘they have a guilt complex when it comes to alcohol’
- ‘‘They have a guilt complex about the Highlander - a perception of social injustice that is actually pretty far removed from contemporary crofting’.’
- ‘‘I had a family at home, two boys starting to grow up, and I was getting a guilt complex about not being there with them,’ he says.’
- ‘Its strength has been to exploit the guilt complex of western citizens, posing as a vehicle of material improvement for poor countries and as a forum of world ‘peace’, while cynically pursuing its supremely selfish agenda.’
- ‘You've got amnesia, and you've got a guilt complex, and you don't know if you are coming or going from some place.’
- ‘And a new guilt complex has penetrated many of our psyches.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.