One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An adult leader in the Guide Association.
- ‘More than 2000 Rainbows, Brownies, Guides, Rangers and Guiders from York, Selby and Tadcaster packed into York's Barbican Centre for their Millennium Thinking Day.’
- ‘‘I have enjoyed my years in Guiding and I will miss the children and the other Guiders - there's quite a camaraderie,’ said Enid, who lives at Glusburn.’
- ‘She took over running the same Guide Unit in 1963 and received a certificate and badge for 40 years service as a Guider at the Brentford and Chiswick Division Church Parade in June.’
- ‘‘Remember, we are all former Guiders, so we know a thing or two about arts and crafts,’ says Marjorie.’
- ‘Alex Fairclough, of Badsey Road, who helps run the Brownies in Chipping Campden, needs to raise £2,000 to travel to Uganda in July with seven other Guiders from Gloucestershire.’
- ‘Around 400 Rainbows, Brownies, Guides and Guiders will assemble in Trowbridge Park on Sunday February 16 at 2pm for a procession to mark the occasion.’
- ‘‘I didn't want to go, so I became a Guider, and now I run Rainbows, Guides and Rangers,’ she said.’
- ‘I went back to train as a Guider when I was 18 - boys were still interesting, but I missed guiding - and I've not looked back since.’
- ‘My Rainbow Guides are completely lovely and their Guiders (me and Marie) aren't bad either’
- ‘Putting the tents up was a bit of a struggle because we're not experienced campers, but the Guiders came along and showed us how to do it, so we feel as if we've learnt something.’
- ‘Hundreds of guiders and local people swung into action to raise the £135,000 needed to buy the property and the thousands more needed to renovate it.’
- ‘They were then directed by two guiders armed with mobile phones, who were based at the shopping centre trying to solve a selection of cryptic clues.’
- ‘My anger management guider would be so disappointed in me, ‘Never!’’
- ‘Last year it was estimated that guiders in the country gave up an average of eight hours a week to help our young people, and that one in three women had at some time been part of the organisation.’
- ‘They all then went on to become guiders - leaders of rainbows, brownies, guides and rangers - and active members of the guild.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.