Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A facility on a website on which visitors to the site may record their comments.
- ‘And likewise, I hope that the guestbook on this site can be used for a similar purpose!’
- ‘Leave a message in our guestbook or send us an email.’
- ‘Taryn showed me how to make a guestbook and we even made a chatroom.’
- ‘Make no mistake; I think the people who fill guestbooks with spam, offensive pictures, and other brainless trash are the biggest morons on the planet.’
- ‘I won't hang around in there too much though, so if you have a more urgent query then use the guestbook or email facility.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.