Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A facility on a website on which visitors to the site may record their comments.
- ‘I won't hang around in there too much though, so if you have a more urgent query then use the guestbook or email facility.’
- ‘Leave a message in our guestbook or send us an email.’
- ‘Taryn showed me how to make a guestbook and we even made a chatroom.’
- ‘And likewise, I hope that the guestbook on this site can be used for a similar purpose!’
- ‘Make no mistake; I think the people who fill guestbooks with spam, offensive pictures, and other brainless trash are the biggest morons on the planet.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.