One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A war in which small groups of soldiers not belonging to regular or established army units engage in fighting against typically larger regular forces.‘they found themselves getting bogged down in a guerrilla war against rural rebels’mass noun ‘two decades of guerrilla war’
- ‘What they found themselves in was a guerrilla war.’
- ‘Atrocities occurred on both sides in the guerrilla war.’
- ‘These sacred writings speak of the general who waged a relentless guerrilla war.’
- ‘Running in circles won't improve the economy, clean the environment, or affect the guerrilla wars in any way.’
- ‘The initial phase of the conflict was primarily a guerrilla war, which resulted in a stalemate between the combatants.’
- ‘For years they waged guerrilla war against the royalist government.’
- ‘He plays a reporter who is trying to do a story about a guerrilla war in North Africa.’
- ‘They continued to wage a guerrilla war against successive governments.’
- ‘In many senses, computer security already resembles a guerrilla war.’
- ‘Wild tribes living north of Hadrian's Wall carried on a guerrilla war against the Romans.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.