One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to Guatemala or its people.‘a wealthy Guatemalan businessman’
- ‘The Guatemalan star will finish the year with 5-8 goals.’
- ‘The gallery opens its season with a retrospective of the Guatemalan photographer's work.’
- ‘In this Guatemalan novel, a bookseller becomes obsessed with a woman who steals his merchandise.’
- ‘Deep in the Guatemalan rainforest lay the ruins of numerous Mayan temples.’
- ‘My mom is Mexican and my dad is Guatemalan -- two countries where soccer is a religion.’
A native or inhabitant of Guatemala, or a person of Guatemalan descent.‘she wanted to see for herself how Guatemalans harvest and prepare coffee’
- ‘Italians moved out of the neighborhoods and Latinos moved in, mostly Guatemalans and Hondurans.’
- ‘The Guatemalan took advantage of an errant touch by a Toronto defender to draw the Fire level in the 64th minute.’
- ‘They swapped cultural tips, and the Guatemalans shared their family history of harvesting orchids.’
- ‘They once spent months in Latin America, where they lived among indigenous Guatemalans.’
- ‘He was a Guatemalan who worked at a farm in upstate New York.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.