One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A dog kept to guard private property and warn of intruders.‘the Doberman is a perfect guard dog’
- ‘She had a mortal fear of guard dogs.’
- ‘The couple are full of praise for the courageous cat who has all the cunning of a guard dog.’
- ‘Guard dogs, hearing the hunting dogs, began to bark too.’
- ‘You have to get past some robotic guard dogs.’
- ‘He was relaxing at the stately home as security men and guard dogs patrolled the grounds.’
- ‘The guard dogs howled occasionally to keep the wild boar in the woods on their mettle.’
- ‘Many of them say that men working for their landlord scared them out with guard dogs in the middle of the night.’
- ‘One prisoner told of being bitten on his legs by guard dogs.’
- ‘On top of the usual security arrangements, it can also be a good idea to invest in a decent guard dog.’
- ‘He was allegedly savaged by a guard dog at hotel.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.