One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in China) the system of social networks and influential relationships which facilitate business and other dealings.
- ‘Guanxi usage is sometimes elevated from an individual to an organizational level.’
- ‘The third section focuses on organizational behavior in Chinese firms, probing issues from guanxi to teamwork.’
- ‘Li was well known for his cordial guanxi with the Chinese communist government.’
- ‘Those with powerful guanxi are those who prosper in the region.’
- ‘That was indeed my main argument: lack of common sense can kill any business, with or without guanxi.’
Mandarin, literally ‘connection’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.