Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(in China) the system of social networks and influential relationships which facilitate business and other dealings.
- ‘Li was well known for his cordial guanxi with the Chinese communist government.’
- ‘The third section focuses on organizational behavior in Chinese firms, probing issues from guanxi to teamwork.’
- ‘Guanxi usage is sometimes elevated from an individual to an organizational level.’
- ‘That was indeed my main argument: lack of common sense can kill any business, with or without guanxi.’
- ‘Those with powerful guanxi are those who prosper in the region.’
Mandarin, literally ‘connection’.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.