One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in China) the system of social networks and influential relationships which facilitate business and other dealings.
- ‘The third section focuses on organizational behavior in Chinese firms, probing issues from guanxi to teamwork.’
- ‘Li was well known for his cordial guanxi with the Chinese communist government.’
- ‘That was indeed my main argument: lack of common sense can kill any business, with or without guanxi.’
- ‘Guanxi usage is sometimes elevated from an individual to an organizational level.’
- ‘Those with powerful guanxi are those who prosper in the region.’
Mandarin, literally ‘connection’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.