One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘He grumpily announced that he wasn't going to argue with me (which was nice) and let me write down my chosen price and credit card number on his carbon paper and moved on.’
- ‘But he was not in a talkative mood and chomped his way grumpily through the meal, responding with grunts and monosyllables to all attempts to engage him in conversation.’
- ‘I take my parsnips grumpily and bid him ‘good evening’.’
- ‘After leading the couple back to reception, the housekeeper told this to the concierge, who grumpily conceded that perhaps he could find another room after all.’
- ‘Then the phone rang a little before 8 am, so I grumpily picked it up.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.