One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It turns out to be as gruesomely entertaining as other respectable action films.’
- ‘And while there are demonstrations of expertise with the sword, it is the precision of the fighter and how economical and speedy his movements are, rather than how many people he kills or how gruesomely that matters.’
- ‘While there, he experiences a multitude of psychedelic wonders and witnesses, one by one, his incorrigibly bratty fellow winners dispatched in gruesomely appropriate ways.’
- ‘Also, the wine list was gruesomely overpriced.’
- ‘In 1906, six years before Greyfriars Bobby was written, the novelist Upton Sinclair had published The Jungle, his gruesomely frank depiction of Chicago's meat-packing industry.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.