One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A company stock that tends to increase in capital value rather than yield high income.
- ‘But beware if your fund switches from, say, earnings-driven growth stocks to beaten-down value stocks.’
- ‘It offers a more rigorous approach to valuing emerging growth stocks.’
- ‘Large-cap funds may invest in growth stocks, value stocks, or a blend of the two styles.’
- ‘In a deflationary environment a good growth stock can often be a defensive stock.’
- ‘Since March, growth stocks have risen faster than value stocks.’
- ‘For when the next severe bear market starts, virtually every growth stock and fund will be declining.’
- ‘In that sense they are as much growth stocks as ‘value plays’.’
- ‘Just the same, I bet investors now have a chance to get a good growth stock at a reasonable price.’
- ‘We've got the growth stocks doing better than the value stocks.’
- ‘A growth stock can increase its annual earnings faster than average.’
- ‘As it experienced its first-ever losses in 2003, and its share price neared a 10-year low, the company finally began to admit that it was no longer a growth stock.’
- ‘But, loading up on small caps, large caps, value and growth stocks caused huge losses in 2001 and 2002.’
- ‘Most of those involved so far, though, are U.S. growth stock funds.’
- ‘After understanding the difference between a growth stock and a value stock, and what a stock's price-to-earnings ratio is, he began to consider the types of investments he wanted to make.’
- ‘The misfortunes of our national and regional economy, along with investors' flight from growth stocks to the value and dividend plays, may slow our emergence as an industry leader.’
- ‘Besides, given the moderate size and potential of the traditional Chinese market, it can be regarded as a ‘blue chip’ and growth stock.’
- ‘For example, a blue chip stock is more unlikely to rise or fall by 10% within any given year as compared to a small-cap growth stock, which will exhibit more volatility.’
- ‘So if the tax cut gave any lift to dividend-paying stocks, it has been overwhelmed by the market's rush back to growth stocks, particularly tech stocks, that don't pay dividends.’
- ‘It was not sold to fund managers as a capital growth stock.’
- ‘If you hope to value a growth stock with the dividend discount model, your valuation will be based on nothing more than guesses about the company's future profits and dividend policy decisions.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.