One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The rate at which something, in particular an economy or business, grows.‘consumer spending slowed to an annual growth rate of 1.2 percent’
- ‘Internal parasites compete directly for the nutrients in the digestive tract, thereby decreasing pig growth rate.’
- ‘Bangladesh has shown impressive agricultural growth rates in recent decades.’
- ‘Some may need to be divided more or less frequently, depending on growth rate.’
- ‘They anticipate growth rates of 20 per cent per year.’
- ‘Tracking the growth rates of fish can show which are the fastest growers.’
- ‘The fastest growth rate in rural areas has been in farmer-owned, value-added businesses.’
- ‘In most pasture systems, growth rate varies among pasture areas.’
- ‘Generally, higher levels of income inequality are associated with faster growth rates in per capita income.’
- ‘Protein intake of weanlings has been shown to influence growth rates.’
- ‘Low-quality hay does not provide adequate energy or protein for kids to achieve optimum growth rate.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.