One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Labour ministers have grovellingly offered the rise if, by some oversight, judges don't get exempted from new tax laws.’
- ‘The new TV advert grovellingly asks us to ‘return to using rail’.’
- ‘The same speaker grovellingly agreed that guests of an Australian parliamentarian should be removed from the public gallery.’
- ‘As he is a fictional character, there is no shame in your grovellingly subservient status.’
- ‘He was forced to grovellingly apologise.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.