One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Grout, especially when hardened.
- ‘Traditional remedies of freezing and scraping or pressure washing can damage surfaces and grouting which in turn can cause flooding.’
- ‘But before repointing can begin, the cement grouting must be removed, a job which has proved more difficult than anticipated - which is where the diamonds come in.’
- ‘Musical characters are etched into the concrete floor and enhanced with black grouting.’
- ‘We had chosen terracotta tiles for the floor and bottom half of the walls, and white tiles for the top, but did not specify in writing that we wanted white grouting.’
- ‘It's amazing the impact a cracked light switch, dripping tap, or dirty grouting can have on the unforgiving eye.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.