One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Grout, especially when hardened.
- ‘It's amazing the impact a cracked light switch, dripping tap, or dirty grouting can have on the unforgiving eye.’
- ‘Traditional remedies of freezing and scraping or pressure washing can damage surfaces and grouting which in turn can cause flooding.’
- ‘But before repointing can begin, the cement grouting must be removed, a job which has proved more difficult than anticipated - which is where the diamonds come in.’
- ‘Musical characters are etched into the concrete floor and enhanced with black grouting.’
- ‘We had chosen terracotta tiles for the floor and bottom half of the walls, and white tiles for the top, but did not specify in writing that we wanted white grouting.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.