Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Software designed to facilitate collective working by a number of different users.
- ‘The creative anarchy of the wiki is the philosophical inverse of conventional corporate groupware software.’
- ‘But it could be, because groupware is distinguished from other document collaboration software by three characteristics designed to work the way businesses do.’
- ‘If you invite just a few people to post, and those same people are all who can read it, a blog is groupware.’
- ‘However, groupware developed specifically for life sciences centers around the in silico discovery process.’
- ‘Businesses may choose other collaborative software, or groupware that covers more informal, or ad hoc, processes that this cannot cover.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.