Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The brakes and gears for a bicycle.
- ‘Details of their 2008 groupset has been released.’
- ‘When you're talking about saving a couple hundred bucks in wheels, or groupsets, or seatposts - great, make the value buy.’
- ‘If durability and longevity are crucial considerations, this is the groupset for you.’
- ‘In many ways it is true; there simply isn't anyone else in the mountain biking world that produces as complete a groupset.’
- ‘However the excellence of their designs is reflected in the cheaper groupsets which are excellent value for money.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.