One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A form of psychotherapy in which patients meet to describe and discuss their problems.
- ‘Today, in addition to individual and group therapy, I specialize in marital and couples therapy.’
- ‘All patients received seven sessions of standarized behavioral group therapy.’
- ‘Family therapy is also more effective than adolescent group therapy in reducing drug use.’
- ‘Grief therapy may be available as individual or group therapy.’
- ‘Sibling group therapy typically offers a rapid reduction in family-related issues.’
- ‘Patients have the option to participate in group therapy, in addition to individual therapy.’
- ‘While recuperating in the hospital, she was referred to an eating disorders clinic where she became involved in group therapy.’
- ‘Patients entered group therapy with their own unique fantasy world.’
- ‘Patients began with individual therapy, then progressed to group therapy.’
- ‘People with narcissistic personality disorder may benefit from group therapy.’
- ‘An increasingly important form of group therapy for addiction is based on the principles of cognitive therapy.’
- ‘Men are treated with group therapy in which stopping violent and psychologically abusive behaviour is the centre of attention.’
- ‘This programme offers individual cognitive behavioral therapy and group therapy as needed.’
- ‘When it isn't meetings, it's aftercare, which consists of sessions with the therapist or group therapy.’
- ‘Education and group therapy for the patient and their family are very important.’
- ‘They may need medication and individual or group therapy to help treat their problems.’
- ‘Talking treatments include counselling, behavioural therapy, cognitive therapy, group therapy and psychoanalysis.’
- ‘He was hostile to group therapy and to all mass-produced remedies.’
- ‘I was giving group therapy in the psychiatric ward.’
- ‘In her experiences in the psychology clinic, group therapy was a big help.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.