One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An act of reserving accommodation, tickets, etc. in advance for a group of people.‘discounts are offered to group bookings’
- ‘The real estate director said his firm had six group bookings for Auckland visits.’
- ‘Talk to your local cinema about cheaper rates for group bookings.’
- ‘Michael has many angling group bookings on his books for this summer.’
- ‘From May 1, agencies in the US and Canada won't be required to issue paper tickets for group bookings.’
- ‘Check websites for scheduled departures or call for group bookings.’
- ‘The club will also be available for group bookings.’
- ‘Yes, a large group booking was cancelled.’
- ‘Be advised, group bookings should be done well in advance.’
- ‘The health spa complex is open for group bookings or private hire.’
- ‘The railway is also available for group bookings outside of these days and hours.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.