Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
1another term for peanut
- ‘These include crustaceans, eggs, fish, groundnuts, milk, mollusks, soybeans, tree nuts and wheat.’
- ‘Foods introduced since European contact include tapioca, groundnuts, and a wide array of vegetables and fruits, plus cattle for beef, and deer.’
- ‘Mix the groundnut and olive oils together in a small jug and gradually whisk into the egg yolk base, a few drops at a time.’
- ‘He said addition of value could be made by processing crops such soyabeans into Soya minces and flour, groundnuts into cooking oil or peanut butter and sunflower into cooking oil among other crops.’
- ‘Also known as groundnuts or monkey nuts, peanuts are actually legumes.’
2A North American plant of the pea family, which yields a sweet edible tuber.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.