One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1another term for peanut
- ‘Foods introduced since European contact include tapioca, groundnuts, and a wide array of vegetables and fruits, plus cattle for beef, and deer.’
- ‘He said addition of value could be made by processing crops such soyabeans into Soya minces and flour, groundnuts into cooking oil or peanut butter and sunflower into cooking oil among other crops.’
- ‘Also known as groundnuts or monkey nuts, peanuts are actually legumes.’
- ‘Mix the groundnut and olive oils together in a small jug and gradually whisk into the egg yolk base, a few drops at a time.’
- ‘These include crustaceans, eggs, fish, groundnuts, milk, mollusks, soybeans, tree nuts and wheat.’
2A North American plant of the pea family, which yields a sweet edible tuber.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.