One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘If your name was randomly, groundlessly and wrongly linked with that of your party's Presidential front-runner, wouldn't you quickly put the rumors to rest with an unqualified denial?’
- ‘But once past that grey-scale headstone, we get to the serious-minded editorial note of introduction, which only later, in the context of what is to come, reveals itself for the groundlessly self-important mission statement it is.’
- ‘If our fear is vain, it is certain that fear itself is evil, and that the heart is groundlessly disturbed and tortured.’
- ‘The film is so airless, so groundlessly sure of itself, that having a good time is out of the question.’
- ‘It was once thought to be by Defoe, but is now known not to be by him or Swift, to whom the work was sometimes groundlessly attributed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.