One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A ground ball.
- ‘He usually throws it high in the strike zone, which results in more fly balls than grounders.’
- ‘How often have you seen a batter hit a sizzling grounder to the first baseman who is holding the runner on first?’
- ‘His line-drive, fly-ball swing helps cut down on double-play grounders.’
- ‘Does he strike out a lot or hit fly balls or grounders?’
- ‘One problem is his ‘fly ball’ swing; the coaches have been working with him to swing down in an effort to get more line drives and grounders.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.